This statement of beliefs does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible scriptures speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, and is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of ThrivingBranch’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our ministry administrator is the final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
The following doctrinal points form the basic foundation of what ThrivingBranch believes.
- We believe that Jesus (Yeshua) was born of the virgin Mary as was prophesied many times in scripture.
(Luke 1:26-38, Matthew 1:18-25)
- We believe that Jesus lived a perfect and sinless life.
(2nd Corinthians 5:21, 1st Peter 2:22, 1st John 3:5)
- We believe that Jesus, being our perfect sinless sacrifice, died on the cross as a sin-offering for all who accept Him, and rose again on the third day for our justification.
(1st Corinthians 15:4, Matthew 16:21, Acts 2:24, John 19:33-35, Romans 4:25)
- We believe that all who believe and receive Jesus are born-again and have eternal life in Him, free from condemnation.
(John 3:5, John 3:15-17, John 6:47)
- We believe that the Holy Bible, consisting, of the Law, Prophets, Writings and the New Covenant, are the Holy Spirit inspired, infallible scriptures which do not lack anything or need any additions.
(2nd Timothy 3:16, Proverbs 30:5-6, John 1:1, Psalms 119:105)
- We believe that Jesus has done a complete and finished work that man should not and can not add to, or work to maintain.
(1st Corinthians 1:30-31, Jeremiah 17:5, Romans 3:20, Galatians 2:16)
- We believe in the Gospel of Grace, the New Covenant which Jesus entered us into.
(Hebrews 12:18, Hebrews 12:22-24, Jeremiah 31:31-34, 2nd Corinthians 3:6, Hebrews 8:6-13)
- We believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the three unified aspects of God in one.
(Matthew 28:19, 2nd Corinthians 13:14, 1st Peter 1:1-2)
- We believe in the gifts of the Holy Spirit, and that they have not ended, but continue on for us today.
(1st Corinthians 12:7-11, 1st Corinthians 14:39, 1st Peter 4:10, Romans 11:29, Romans 12:6)
- We believe in miracles and divine healing.
(Psalms 77:14, Acts 4:30, Mark 16:17-18, John 14:12, 1st Corinthians 12:28, Isaiah 53:4-5, Luke 6:19, Matthew 8:16)
- We believe in free-will grace-powered giving, apart from any law or obligation.
(2nd Corinthians 8:1-24, 2nd Corinthians 9:7-8)
- We believe that the grace, mercy and love of God is what truly changes lives and sets people free.
(Psalms 116:7-8, Psalms 130:4, Romans 2:4, Romans 5:17, Romans 6:14, Galatians 5:16)
- We believe that both Heaven and Hell are real places, and that Jesus is the only way to enter Heaven.
(John 14:2-3, Matthew 25:41, John 14:6)
- We believe that Jesus is our complete sufficiency and prospers us in all things.
(2nd Corinthians 9:8, Ephesians 3:20-21, Philippians 4:19, Psalms 23:1, Proverbs 10:22, 3rd John 1:2)
- We believe that by nature all people are separated from God by sin, and that no-one can work to earn their own salvation.
(Isaiah 53:6, Ephesians 2:8-9, Galatians 2:16, Romans 3:20)
- We believe that once salvation is received through Jesus, it can not be lost.
(John 10:28, Romans 8:33-39, John 6:37-40)
- We believe that Marriage is a sacred union and covenant before God between one man and one woman, and that Marriage was ordained by God, ultimately signifying Christ and His church.
(Genesis 2:22-24, Proverbs 19:14, Matthew 19:4-6, 1st Corinthians 7:2, Titus 1:6, Ephesians 5:22-33)
- We believe in the principles of male leadership and responsibility both in the home and in the church as demonstrated by Jesus Christ with love and sacrifice. We believe that this limits the office of Pastor to qualified men who meet the criteria and qualifications of scripture to hold such an office.
(1st Corinthians 11:1-12, 1st Timothy 2:1-15, 1st Timothy 3.1-7)
- We believe that mankind was created by God as either biological male or biological female, and that gender is assigned by God as a matter of divine creation.
(Genesis 1:26-28, Genesis 5:2, Isaiah 44:2, Jeremiah 1:5, Matthew 19:4, Mark 10:6)